Wednesday 20 January 2016

You Will Find Fullness of Joy ONLY in God’s Presence!!!

Psalm 16:11; “You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”
I remember a few years ago, when my son was little, certain illnesses required a visit with his pediatrician. At home the symptoms manifested by him required our absolute attention. However, as soon as we entered the pediatrician’s office, he was completely different. It seemed as if he gained this strength from somewhere, that he had the energy to function without any help from his parents. In fact, he even wanted to be independent, and moved away from us. What gave him the strength at that moment was not that he had experienced some supernatural healing. The boy had been profusely dripping from his nostrils, and even had a high fever. Even then it seemed as if he was completely different from the time we entered the office. I’m sure all of you might be wondering as to the reason for this phenomenon.
All that caused this change in my son at that moment is the fact that his pediatrician had set up an extravagant toy room in the office. As I drew closer to peek into the room, i noticed a joyful fellowship of several sick infants, all with mucus dripping from their nostrils, all the way into their mouths. You get the point…. Playrooms at pediatrician’s offices are designed to distract sick children from the pain of their problem until it is fixed. In other words, the playroom gives them joy in a bad situation.
Through the difficult situations of his life, David puts his trust in God, assured of the truth that it is only in His presence that he (David) is completely preserved, knowing that any goodness in him, it is only because of God (Psalm 16:1—3). David sings with confidence to God, “5 O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. 6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good inheritance. 7 I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons. 8 I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope. (Psalm 16:5—9).”
Let us be mindful of the truth that it is He who showed us the path of life through Jesus Christ, and drew us to His presence, where we can find joy unspeakable and full of glory. At His right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Stephen Thomas (Bobby)
Stephen is an ordained Christian Minister and a Bible teacher who is a mentor to several youth leaders in Crossway Church and around the globe. He is a regular visiting Speaker in Crossway Church, New Delhi. He can be reached at stephenthomas6400@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment