Thursday 5 July 2018

In the storm….

Do you have any "why's" and "how's" in your life? Are there questions and doubts lurking around?
Once I was going through a tough time. I could not see the hand of God which made me desperate, doubting and I started questioning God. I asked, "Why me, O God, and how long?" God strengthened me through His word. I started to read and understand the prophecy of Habakkuk. The prophet Habakkuk raised all his questions and complaints to God and sought answers from Him.

The three chapters of the book shows Habakkuk complaining to God in anguish, but ultimately learning to trust in Lord, no matter what is the circumstance. In the first chapter of the book, we see the prophet as a doubting man with little faith. But he does not let his doubts prevail over him. By the end of the third chapter, Habakkuk proudly proclaims,'Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls,  Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord GOD is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places.' (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Here, we see a God who not only answers Habakkuk but gives the prophet the strength to stand through the trials.

In the life of a Christian, there would be obstacles and situations where faith is tested. But do not give up. If things don't work out do not get disheartened. Stay strong and focused in God. Whatever the situation is, be sure to acknowledge that the Lord is your strength and you will exult in him. Let your faith stand strong through all the storms.


Ansu Susan Oommen
Ansu is a student of Delhi University and a youth leader in Crossway. She can be reached at ansususan9828@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment