Tuesday 30 June 2015

Present is great as well

1 John 3:2

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

A few years back I was under a real personality crisis. I would compare myself with others and then feel bad about myself. I would then go into a sort of depression which would affect my behaviour and performance in all the areas of life. But then I met a person who mentored me and filled me with God’s goodness and taught me to take life as it comes. This is the best for today and realize the best for tommorow is yet to come.

We often live so much in the present that we don’t tend to learn from the past and the future looks dark. Several times we don’t realize that each one of us are different and our journey’ are also separate. There can be healthy competition but we need not stretch it into everything. Somethings are planned by God the way they should be.


When our lives are in the hands of God, you and I should know that we are in the right place now. As you learn from the past you will realize that the best is yet to come. But lets not forget that the present you live in might be tough, simple, dull or even crazy. That’s were God wants you to be now. This is the best for today. Lets accept it, live it and enjoy it. Greater things are yet to come but the present is great as well.

Stanley Thomas Isac

Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Stanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment