Saturday 28 March 2015

Make Hay while the sun shines












Luke 23: 39-43

Have you ever been wrong and you wanted to make amends for it ? Many people live with a lot of regrets in life. For them the common word is “I wish” I had done that, I wish I had gone for it. I wish I had obeyed you. I wish I was not there. And the list goes on.

There were two thieves with Jesus on the cross and both of them had different approach to Jesus. The first was as rude as he could be by challenging Jesus just like the Jewish leaders and the crowds did. But the other one was way different. He probably got to know about Jesus on the way from prison to Golgotha. He was highly impressed and it changed his destiny. After all that he had done in his life, here was an opportunity to enter into eternal heaven and be in paradise. Not a bad deal. but given the circumstances, it was hard to believe that Jesus is the Messiah. Spirit of God worked in the heart  of this criminal and he prayed to Jesus right there on the cross and God accepted him in HIS Grace.
We get several opportunities in life to do something impactful and change our destiny. Maybe a decision, a Phone call, an email, text, meet people, learn something, do something good, take an initiative, apologize. The list is endless. It just depend on you and me if we are willing. God is always around and giving us several chances to receive His goodness in some or the other way. Are we sensitive to God and ready to respond accordingly ?  

Stanley Thomas Isac
Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Stanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment