Monday 22 June 2015

Christ is all we need

1 Corinthians 1:30

“But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.” 

Kevin is 7 years old. He is one of my favourite nephews and likes me a lot too. Well, it's the games on my phone that he really loves! As of now I still have tricks up my sleeve to get him around me. But I doubt if his fondness for me will still be the same as he gets older. 

It is quite a saddening thought that as Christians our attitude towards God is to always seek something from Him. And as time passes, we lose our fondness for Him too. The focus of our Christian walk is usually on the gifts and not on the giver. 

The person of Christ has Himself become for us the wisdom from God, righteousness, sanctification and redemption. God revealed Himself to Abraham in Genesis chapter 15 as Abraham’s exceedingly great reward. For Abraham, God was His prosperity. John mentions in John 1:17 that grace and peace is the person of Christ Himself. Paul in Ephesians 2:20, says that “Jesus Himself is our peace”. Jesus in John 14:6, says “I am the way and the truth and the life”. 

We get deluded when we separate our blessings from the person of Christ and often are shortsighted when we seek material blessings. Let us remind ourselves that He is the complete package of blessings (mentioned in Ephesians 1:3) from God for us. Christ is all we need.

Samuel Thomas (Sam)


Sam is a Christian minister who is serving the Lord in various capacities. He is working through Cross Impact and also involved with Crossway Church. He can be reached on samvthom16@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment