Friday 16 February 2018

Do I trust him with all my being

Each morning, a woman walked to her front gate and shouted, "Praise the Lord!" And each time the atheist next door would yell back, "There is no Lord!" One day she prayed, "Lord, I'm hungry. Please send me some food." The following morning, she discovered a big bag of groceries on her front porch. "Praise the Lord," she shouted. Suddenly, her neighbour jumped from behind a bush. "I told you there was no Lord," he said. "I bought those groceries for you." "Praise the Lord!" the woman said. "He not only sent me groceries, He made the devil pay for them.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.


Inflation is always on the higher side and we often lack in resources to meet our needs, let alone desires. It is interesting that in v.19 Apostle Paul talks about God’s provision only after sharing about giving to the Lord’s work in v.10ff. Perhaps Paul is painting a picture that those who trust and love God won’t lack anything. When you really love and trust someone, you don’t hide anything from them, whatever belongs to you, belongs to them.

As we hit the weekend and are in the middle of the month, for sure the struggle is to last till the month end. But Apostle Paul reminds that God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. This promise is still true for all who are in Christ and who are faithful to God as the Philippians were. It is such a breather to realize that God knows my needs, and Daddy is really rich. He has provided, and will continue to. But do I trust him with all my being?


Stanley Thomas Isac
Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Pastorstanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment