Friday 25 May 2018

The true champion

There's a Spanish story of a father and son who had become estranged. The son ran away, and the father set off to find him. He searched for months to no avail. Finally, in a last desperate effort to find him, the father put an ad in a Madrid newspaper. The ad read: Dear Paco, meet me in front of this newspaper office at noon on Saturday. All is forgiven. I love you. Your Father. On Saturday 800 Pacos showed up, looking for forgiveness and love from their fathers.

Joshua 3:7 And the Lord said to Joshua, “Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses.

The lust for authority and power is such a big issue. Strangely many are attracted by the selfish and cruel ways of the world. So in course of time, one cannot have anybody over themselves. It’s my life, my thought, my decisions, my body, my rules, my future and it’s just more of me.

Joshua was a successful military man, but his greatest success came by staying under the authority of God the Father. The battle of all battles is to defeat myself and let God win. Joshua was a champ at it. God the Father just loves this. And He continued to exalt Joshua in the house.

Father’s heart is love. His authority comes out of love. Sadly some are not able to understand it. Several want to claim daddy’s love but doesn't want to be under His authority in His house. But true success and victory will only come when you are in Daddy’s house and let Him rule. The true champion.


Stanley Thomas Isac
Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Pastorstanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment