Wednesday 16 December 2015

Let’s go

Acts 20:7 On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.
 
A Churchgoer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."
This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher: "I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.
Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

In this modern age, we are always busy. It is Ok if you are missing a fellowship or a sunday morning service once in a while due to a genuine reason. But if it’s intentional there’s something to worry. Going to Church on a sunday morning or attending any Spiritual fellowship is considered a waste of time for this fast, educated and so called Rationale generation. It is true that there is so much of bad things happening in and out. There are bad people in Church and there is also some sort of politics here and there. But that’s not a good enough reason to stay away from Church. In that way we would never go to gym, because there are so many unfit people there.   

Going to Church regularly, will not make you a superman, but it will help you stay grounded. As we go to Church regularly, we honor God and honor people of God as well. It really helps in building a real good relationship with God and people of God. Let’s go.

Stanley Thomas Isac
Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Stanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment