Monday 22 January 2018

Are your eyes on HIM ?

It is said that Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire, once had captured a prince and his family. When they came before him, the monarch asked the prisoner, "What will you give me if I release you?" "The half of my wealth," was his reply. "And if I release your children?" "Everything I possess." "And if I release your wife?" "Your Majesty, I will give myself." Cyrus was so moved by his devotion that he freed them all. As they returned home, the prince said to his wife, "Wasn't Cyrus a handsome man!" With a look of deep love for her husband, she said to him, "I didn't notice. I could only keep my eyes on you- -the one who was willing to give himself for me."

Mark 14:22 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take it; this is my body.”


Perhaps never in history was this ever witnessed and won’t be ever repeated. The cross became a sign of God’s love simply because of the sacrifice. Not that Jesus was willing to die for us, HE went ahead to die for you and me. That is how much He values us. He gave it all.

But what are we doing in response to HIS love. Of course we will never be worthy of His love. In fact we just don’t deserve it, and we can’t do anything to deserve it. But are we able to love Him back ? Can we just focus on Him who truly loves us, who was not only willing but even died for us. Are your eyes on HIM ?


Stanley Thomas Isac
Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Pastorstanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment