Monday 10 August 2015

Testimony of suffering

2 Cor 11:25 

Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea

A few days ago, my dear cousin sister was sharing with me about the failing health of one of her friends. I was deeply concerned about the same and kept praying. Within 10 days everything was over. She went to be with the Lord. We all had to accept it. We can’t explain everything right here on earth. For some answers we need to wait for heaven.

When Apostle Paul writes to the Church in Corinth he shares a different testimony. He doesn’t boast in the so called deliverance or so called victory of the righteous over enemy. But he tells about the suffering and how the grace of God helped him survive. He has no complaints, no worries, no frustrations. Only a heart to offer more to God and serve HIM faithfully.

You and I are called to serve the Lord at all times. We are several times carried away by testimonies of success and deliverance. We tend to forget that God is at work in all situations. Do you have a testimony of suffering ?    
Stanley Thomas Isac
Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Stanleytisac@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment