Monday 24 August 2015

Be Doers

James 1:22 (KJV)
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
One of my favourite punchline comes from Nike " JUST DO IT", so I have this as my wallpaper
in all my gadgets, as it encourages me. Early days of my life, I would always regret for things I could have done. However, I never initiated myself to do something, it was just thinking, and no action.
The most common tag line of christians today is that we must help everyone, Strangely we only help those who are either our friends or we are familiar with them. Our help is restricted to some people. Unless we extend ourselves, we will not be able to come to know what one is going through. Helping everyone remains as a lip service. Thus there is no action further
Often we see the advertisement for the Gym, and we of start imagining of having six pack abs. But in reality it is not like that. However, if we start working out regularly, then we might achieve it.
If moses would have not streched forth his hand, the sea would have not been separated. Moses did what God said to him (Word + Action = Result).
As the word says in Isaiah 43:2 - When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Thus, speak to your mountains, it will be moved. Do it.

Tony John
Tony is one of the founding members of Crossway Church. He is ministering as the media Coordinator for Crossway. He is presently working in Dubai and Serving the Lord with his local Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment