Saturday 1 August 2015

Praise God

Proverbs 16:18 

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

I had the privilege of studying in one of the finest seminaries in India for my Bachelors. Good Lord helped me to learn a lot of things there. It was during that time when I realized the gifting of being a true worshipper and also lead in Praise & Worship. Thus began a series of ministry opportunities in college and outside as well. In my final year I was asked to lead in the Annual Pastors Conference of our College’s Church ministry. I had led in the previous year as well. I was so elated and excited that I forgot, it was a ministry opportunity rather than a performance. I was 21 and really immature. [Even though, that time I thought I was too mature :) ] 

I thought I was accepted as a worship leader and a celebrated one as well. Somehow pride got the worst out of me. That particular session I did not practice, I did not even talk to the team, I did not even pray. Just made a list of songs, wore my best suit and went on to the stage. Honestly I was thinking of the brownie points I would get once the session was over. 

On stage I realized, people were not worshipping. Even I was struggling to sing properly. At one point of time, I just wanted the clock to strike 8 to stop the session. It was such a nightmare. I went to my room and was really upset, and slept over it. It was only after the conference I sat down to evaluate myself and how I needed to avoid pride leading me into destruction.

It’s easy to get carried away by emotions and the accolades from people. That will only lead to destruction and will not bless anyone. We are called to bless people by whatever the Lord has entrusted us. And if in and through our ministry somebody is blessed and they thank you or praise you, just Say Praise God.
    
Stanley Thomas Isac

Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Stanleytisac@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment