Thursday 9 July 2015

Be Strong in the Lord!

Ephesians 6:10


“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”

A little boy one day was trying to pick up a rock. He said to his father who was standing close by, “Dad, it’s too heavy.”  “Son, you can do it,” dad replied.  The boy strained and tried, but he said, “Dad, it’s too heavy.”  He replied again and said, “Son, you are not using all your strength.”  “Dad, I am.  I am.  It’s too heavy,” the boy retorted.  He replied yet again, “Son, you’re not using all your strength.”  Frustrated, the boy asked, “Dad, why are you continually saying I’m not using all my strength?  It’s too heavy.”  The father walked close to the son, and put his arms around his son, and in a calm and gentle voice replied, “I know you’re not using all your strength, because you haven’t asked me to help yet.”

Too often we try to resolve all our problems on our own.  We even look to others for solutions, and sometimes even put our confidence in them; only to be left disappointed. “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man (Psalm 118:8).  There is more strength available to you than what you have. This is why Paul confidently writes to the Colossian believers, “To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily (Colossians 1:29).”  Be strong in the strength of His might.

Stephen Thomas

Stephen is an ordained Christian Minister and a Bible teacher who is a mentor to several youth leaders in Crossway Church and around the globe. He is a regular visiting Speaker in Crossway Church, New Delhi. He can be reached at stephenthomas6400@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment