Thursday 30 July 2015

He is about to give you a revelation

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,  as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

I was about to appear for my 12th grade  exams. Like any other student I was closer to God during exams. Interestingly, since 10th grade I have always had a calling to serve the Lord. But I was a little hesitant to obey. That morning I was reading Bible with my mom and we were discussing the above written 2Corinthians 4: 16-18. It stuck to me as a revelation. 

That very evening I hurt my right hand in a slight fall outside my house. It was the end of the world for me. I was about to lose a year. But God miraculously provided a writer with the sanction of the Education board (CBSE). I did all my exams and by God’s grace came out in flying colors. But before all this God helped me to respond to HIS call for the glorious ministry. So I applied for my Theological training and thus began my walk of faith in serving my Master.

I am convinced that God gives a revelation with a purpose. Many claim a revelation, but do not draw even an inch closer to God. When you and I get a revelation, it is mostly during tough times. Guess tough times are very conducive to hear God’s voice. So if things are not going your way, it’s going HIS way. He is about to give you a revelation. 

Stanley Thomas Isac


Stanley is serving as the Pastor of Crossway Church in New Delhi, he can be reached at Stanleytisac@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment